Sunday, March 6, 2011

Cupid's Holiday Feast

Either you love Valentine's Day or you HATE it, there is no in-between.  I love Valentine's Day!  Believe it or not, we didn't eat chocolate covered strawberries for dinner this year.  We had a grand feast!

Once we decided to have dinner at home, my first suggestion was crab legs and Bryce's was steak.  Totally typical of us - I want something indulgent, expensive, and a tad over the top and he wants MEAT, so we had both!  We didn't use any recipes, although I did manage to burn my arm on our oven!  Honestly, who designs a house with the oven in the corner of the room backed up against another appliance?  I have to open the oven and stand next to the open door to remove the food...

I made the crab legs in the oven with garlic-rosemary butter.  Bryce used one of our favorite rubs from Williams Sonoma on the steaks and grilled them on the stove.  We also had champagne, asparagus, and white cheddar mashed potatoes!

[ BEFORE ] 
Our table was decorated quite nicely.




[ AFTER ] 
And it got even better!


Colorful and delicious.


My Mom is responsible for the adorable heart shaped plates and bowls.  And despite being in love all year, we don't use them all year round!


This is the white cheddar cheese for the mashed potatoes.

 

Which was whipped into the potatoes with my new (Christmas present) mixer!


Bryce ate mostly steak, I ate mostly crab and we were both full and happy 10 minutes later!  Happy Valentine's Day.

3 comments:

  1. This looks delicious. I really want some good crab legs. We're gonna have to have teach Deanna how to make crablegs night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love surf and turf!!!

    ~Brooke~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deanna, let's do it! They sell crab legs at Sam's Club :)

    Brookie, me too. More surf though.

    ReplyDelete